The perfect metal detector tool helps you to find the existence of metal flawlessly. You will see many options when deciding on the best metal detector. But the first step in choosing a detector kit is, of course, the budget.
If you’re a novice treasure hunter, you may not want to spend too much, at least for your first purchase. As a beginner, you also don’t need all features right now, so you can get a good metal detection tool for your work at a low price.
Here we will guide you to get an ideal but cheap metal detector that will work well for beginners.
Current Best-Seller Metal Detecting Tool
- Rugged metal detector ideal for detecting treasure in extreme ground...
- Motion All-Metal mode, Discrimination mode, and 2-Tone audio mode
- Preset ground balance neutralizes response to mineral content in the ground
Last update on 2021-10-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Will Be a Good Starter Metal Detector?
A metal detector is an electronic device that detects nearby metals and objects. It is equipped with a coil that transmits magnetic waves and releases sound that investigators hear. These kits usually have handheld sensor probes, and some bring earphones.
All kits don’t come with the same feature. Some tools can detect jewelry, coins but are not suitable for small gold pendants or flakes. Similarly, some metal detectors can work fine at the beach but may not work fine underwater.
Since you don’t need all the features as a beginner, consider what you want to do at an early stage and buy accordingly.
Best Cheap Metal Detectors Reviews for Beginners
Here we have compiled a list of the 7 best-selling metal detecting tools in 2021, considering the application on different surfaces. Check where you want to start from the treasure hunt and which metals are your primary target. Check out our reviewed product and buy the appropriate one.
Editors Top 3 Picks: Metal Detectors Comparison Table
Last update on 2021-10-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Overall Best Cheap All-Purpose Metal Detector
It is a top-range metal detector that comes with a submerged search loop. By embedding the graphic target cursor, you can quickly identify all the metals around you. If you have this comprehensive metal detection tool, you can be sure that no metal was behind.
If you only want to identify specific items, you have options. In addition, you can enjoy a remarkable metallic detection process. This means you can detect aluminum, iron, or any type of metal. Also, you will see some different kinds of metal, which you may not want at all. You have options to skip any metal type.
This tool has 8 levels of sensitivity, so you can select which will best suit your work. It must be the best way to make sure you know what is best based on your work.
With its sensitivity detection feature, you can understand how deep you have reached. Overall, it is a tremendous metal detector with all necessary features for beginners, and that’s it taking 1st place in our suggested list.
- It can detect even the most innermost metals,
- Garrett ACE 300 has excellent frequencies to choose from,
- You can select which kind of metals to detect or leave behind,
- Can work even during the rainy weather.
- It doesn’t have earphones to listen to the sounds,
- Cannot reach very deep.
2. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Gold Detection under $100
The Bounty Hunter Gold Digger is the cheapest on our list. But it is not substandard in terms of quality. Even it is one of the perfect metal detectors for beginners to identify precious metals as gold coins to iron relics. You’ll love it when you use it because it features all-metal mode and trash removal control.
You only find what you want and leave aside what you don’t want. To ensure you hear all sounds entirely, you have the earphones you wear for easy and remote sound detection.
It has 9-volt alkaline batteries so the power can be sufficient for long-duration metal detection exercises.
You can search for yards, beaches, and parking slots to ensure they are free from any kind of metals. The detector is perfect. It is known for its excellent sensitivity that doesn’t leave any type of metal behind. It is lightweight, so you can carry it around as you detect metals in every place that you go.
- 8 frequencies to choose from,
- Lightweight so you can use it for a long time without getting tired,
- Best in eliminating unwanted metals,
- Has some wonderful sensitivity to detect even the most innermost materials,
- Works on all weather conditions.
- Not suitable for depth above 9 meters,
- It’s inconvenient to carry around constantly.
3. Standard Beginner Metal Detector for Relic Hunting
It is another quality product on a low budget with the highest optimal rating to detect metal reserves even in terrible weather. Your treasure may be in a place built with waterproof properties. Still, it is strong enough to send you electromagnetic waves.
When it comes to maximum depth, it enables you to enjoy great results. You can select all modes of motion to detect metal.
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV can detect large objects of even up to 3 feet, making it reliable. You have to set the sound you want, the frequency you want, and the kind of detection sensitivity. If you want an excellent metal detection experience, you need to set the sound wave properly. It must be the best way to make sure you don’t leave any metal undetected.
You have to make your search more precise, and you can select which kind of metals to include and which ones to ignore.
For example, you can include copper detection and leave iron, whichever metal you want to detect.
It comes with an operational frequency of 6.7 kHz. Therefore, you can be sure to find even the deep large objects that may be hard to detect when using the regular detectors.
Altogether, it is cheap in price but the best quality metal detectors for detectorists.
- Has earphones,
- Detects large objects of up to 3 feet size,
- Has a perfect handle for excellent search,
- Best known for its multiple frequencies,
- Known for its excellent functional 6.7hz frequency.
- Cannot detect metals of more than 3 feet in size,
- May not be fit in areas where considerable depth is involved.
4. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Coins, Rings, Jewelry
This modern metal detector is made with the latest technology to find out even the most hidden metals. It has come with an adjustable frequency. It is also equipped with an advanced sensing system, so it can intrude very deep.
Garrett Ace 400 comes with a strap handle to perfectly working on outdoor. You can wear the strap handle on your hand to make it more stable as you scan through all the surfaces. As for efficiency, this detector is equipped with earphones.
It is safe for treasure hunting anywhere.
Note: Before using the Metal Detection Kit, you need to be sure about safety. Remember, realizing the thing under the ground is as close to the metal as possible.
It comes with its own rain cover, so you will be able to use it even in the rain. There is also a waterproof coil that can send magnetic waves. This function can detect metals even when there is rain.
- Waterproof coil for all-weather metal detection,
- Excellent detection capability,
- Comes with a handle wrap to secure it on your hand,
- Has earphones for accessible sound hearing,
- It can detect even the most innermost metals.
- Doesn’t identify what objects, only metals,
- You need to carry it to where the metal is, and it has no radar technology.
5. Best Cheap Underwater Metal Detectors
It is one of the best detectors that enable you to detect metals without immersing the whole detector inside. This is well known for excellent sensitivity, which works perfectly well. It can work for you even in the worst weather.
The coil is waterproof, which means it sends magnetic waves. With this feature, you can work in any weather. You can try different frequencies to be sure that there is no metal left behind. So it will sure give you an excellent detection experience because you can select which metal types you want to find out.
You can wear earphones to ensure you detect every sound so quickly than naked ears to listen to the produced sounds. Volume controls allow you to increase or decrease volume based on what seems to be working correctly for you.
You will enjoy excellent outcomes because it senses even the most innermost metals. That is the best way to make sure you come up with the perfect identification of metals. That’s why it is also used in military camps and buildings.
- 5 Search Modes, 10 kHz Frequency,
- Can work even on rains,
- Has the best kind of earphones for easy listening,
- Known to contain excellent frequencies that can detect even innermost materials,
- Very light, so you can use it for a long without being tired.
- It can work only for average depth metal detection duties.
6. Best Budget Metal Detector for Beginners and Kids
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced person, it is designed for both types of people. However, it is easy to manage, so kids or newbies can use this tool to be experienced.
It is known to contain 10 frequency levels to choose the metals you want.
Using this weatherproof metal detector, you can choose which metals to look for and which ones to ignore. This makes your search more precise, and you don’t waste a lot of time. Fisher F22 has in-depth sensitivity technology.
It is weather-resistant, so if you want, you can work on a rainy day too. You will enjoy excellent outcomes in any weather. Always make sure you adjust the frequency appropriately. However, this detector is powerful enough to detect what kind of metal is underneath.
- Detects up to 9 inches,
- Has some good handles for excellent search experience,
- Has extraordinary type sensitivity to detect even innermost materials,
- It has 10 frequencies to choose from,
- You have earphones to listen to all sounds produced.
- Metals past 9-inch depth cannot be detected,
- Carrying it around may be tiresome.
7. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Saltwater and Beach Detecting
It is another tool that fits to work in any weather. You can work with it in the most unfavorable conditions, like when it is raining. The coil of it is waterproof. You can use it on saltwater, so great for beach detecting.
The uninterrupted target depth indicator confirms that you have been updated about how close your metal is. When you find the metal, you can use earphones to hear the perfect sound in the ear.
Garrett ACE 250 has a graphic target ID cursor that can filter all metals. Select the metals you want to explore and then switch the frequency on, and you will find only the metals you want to see. This means you will only find what is best for you.
You can easily avoid when you don’t need to waste time looking for what is not significant. With 8 levels of sensitivity to choose from, you can be sure that it will serve the purpose to your satisfaction.
- Best for even the most innermost located metals,
- Some 8 frequencies to choose from,
- You don’t always need to bring it close; it detects the metals from far,
- Select which kind of metals to explore,
- Works under all weather conditions, so you don’t need to worry about rains.
- It’s a little heavy so cannot be used for long,
- Comes in only one black color.
What to Look for Before Buying a Metal Detector as a Beginner?
When buying a new product, it is good to know what to look for and check. The rule is the same for metal detection equipment. There are many things to consider to buy a good one.
If you are a noob, the following metal detector buying guide will help you. Here is the overall idea to choose the best metal detector for money.
1. Consider the Types Of Metal You Want To Hunt
At first, you should consider what kinds of metal you are going to detect. This is important because you have to invest a smart amount of money.
A few detectors are made to detect particular metal types as Iron Metal Detector, Gold Detector, etc. So, if you bought an Iron Metal Detector, and later you need to run a gold detection project, you can’t.
Anyway, if you buy a multipurpose metal detector, you won’t face this type of problem.
2. Metal Discrimination Feature
A quality product should have this feature. You can find out what works fine for you by selecting the metal discrimination identifier. For example, you may need to choose iron and ignore copper metal in metal search practice.
3. Ground Balance
It is a unique feature that makes treasure hunting smooth. Whenever you have this feature on your metal detecting kit, you can easily understand where the metal is located and even at which depth.
The idea of you guessing and estimating distances or depth levels will not be your part. Because every parameter will be availed open as you explore the metals. That’s why it is an important feature.
So make sure your device has a ground balancing feature.
4. Operating Frequency
Operating frequency refers to the necessary level of frequency that you will be working on. You need to make sure the operating frequency is ideal. Remember, the higher the frequency, the lower the scanning level.
So, if you aim for more profound metals, you need to select the one with a low frequency.
5. Consider the Sensitivity of the Metal Detector
Sensitivity refers to the power of the metal detector around. If the sensitivity is high, it will quickly detect the metal.
As a beginner, you need a sensitive detector to be able to detect tiny metals around you. The depth of search is also significant because it can detect all types of metals within that depth.
- FULLY WATERPROOF PIN POINTER- With Pulse Induction Technology(PI),Allow...
- HIGH SENSITIVITY AND DETECTION DEPTH STABILITY- Automatic tuning ,The state...
- SEALED CONSTRUCTION AND UPGRADED DESIGN- The pin pointer rugged sealed...
Last update on 2021-10-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Uses of Metal Detector in Our Daily Life
Metal detectors have different uses. Detectorist uses it to find out treasure. Then we see its extensive uses in detecting bombs and explosives on vehicles and on the road.
They can also be used in metal exploration so that people know how minerals are made in mines. Others are used to test the backyard and compound to see if it is safe for children to play.
You will see another high use of metal detectors on shopping malls, hospitals, or airports to investigate knives, guns, etc., for security purposes.
1. What Is the Best Metal Detector Under 100?
Ans: Bounty Hunter Range Metal Detector remains at the top of this budget. It is known for working under all-weather. It is lightweight, and it comes with a technology that makes it highly productive.
See Few More Kit under 100
Last update on 2021-10-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
2. What Is the No 1 Recommended Starter Metal Detector Locating Property Pins?
Ans: Fisher-F22-Metal-Detector is the best for home use because it is simple, precise, and can detect even the smallest kind of metals. So, it can be ideal for a starter.
It comes with various frequencies. With the earphones on, you can listen even to the lowest voice, enabling you to detect the metals you want.
3. What is the Ideal Bounty Hunter Metal Detector?
Ans: It is a Bounty Hunter Tracker metal detector that leaves no undetected metal. It has a great variety of frequencies that can detect most underlying metals. The detector can work in bad weather like rain or snow conditions. Being lightweight, you can carry it for a long time without getting so tired.
4. Do I Need a Permit for Metal Detecting?
Ans: Yes. Usually, you can work detecting anywhere. Whenever you want to work on state land, you have to get permission from the administration. It will be easier to obtain permission. When you work on someone’s private property, you should manage landowners to get approval.
5. Can I Detect Metal on Public Land?
Ans: Yes, you can detect all kinds of metals. If you want to extract these metals to ensure you don’t destroy the land, you need permission. Always make sure you have followed your country’s mining and mineral authority laws before doing any kind of search.
6. What is the Most Important Feature of a Great Metal Detector?
Ans: The most important features may vary from man to man. We think the most essential feature of any metal detector is the all-weather work feature. Another essential feature is the ability to choose which metals should be searched and which should be ignored.
We think you have gotten an overall overview of metal detectors. This is enough to find out the ideal product considering your requirement. You can choose any kit listed above as the best cheap metal detectors.
Buy a device and take the adventurous taste of metal detecting. Besides treasure hunting, you can use it in your daily life too. For example, you can find out septic tank location using the metal detector.
That means, by owning a device for fulfilling your hobby, you can take advantage of this tool in your daily life too. So buy a metal detector at a low price and enjoy! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the comment box.
Table of Contents
- What Will Be a Good Starter Metal Detector?
- Best Cheap Metal Detectors Reviews for Beginners
- 1. Overall Best Cheap All-Purpose Metal Detector
- 2. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Gold Detection under $100
- 3. Standard Beginner Metal Detector for Relic Hunting
- 4. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Coins, Rings, Jewelry
- 5. Best Cheap Underwater Metal Detectors
- 6. Best Budget Metal Detector for Beginners and Kids
- 7. Best Cheap Metal Detector for Saltwater and Beach Detecting
- What to Look for Before Buying a Metal Detector as a Beginner?
- Uses of Metal Detector in Our Daily Life
- 1. What Is the Best Metal Detector Under 100?
- 2. What Is the No 1 Recommended Starter Metal Detector Locating Property Pins?
- 3. What is the Ideal Bounty Hunter Metal Detector?
- 4. Do I Need a Permit for Metal Detecting?
- 5. Can I Detect Metal on Public Land?
- 6. What is the Most Important Feature of a Great Metal Detector?
- Final Word