Calphalon is a dominating kitchenware brand best-known for its high-quality nonstick and stainless-steel pots and pans. Their premium space-saving cookware has become an integral part of every kitchen.
People mostly use Calphalon Kitchenware for its excellent nonstick properties and low maintenance. However, the nonstick coating can begin to peel away with time.
Or else, it can happen if you cook on too high heat. The result can be disastrous. The good thing is you can restore your damaged Calphalon pots and pans. But How To Fix Calphalon Pots And Pans?
Well, there are some simple methods to restore it.
Before that, we'll discuss what type of damages can happen in the Calphalon pans. It is essential to know so you can deal with it.
What Type of Damages Can Happen on Calphalon Cookware?
Calphalon manufactures stainless steel, nonstick, hard-anodized nonstick, and ceramic cookware sets. You can cook delicious meals in their range of pots and pans. However, these pots and pans may have different kinds of damages depending on the situation.
In most cases, people deal with burnt and scratches on their Calphalon cookware. After all these damages, your most favorite Calphalon pots and pans lose their charm.
Anyway, if you need to buy glass top stoves, make sure you check our suggested Cookware For Electric Glass Top Stove.
- Durable, PFOA-free, 2-layer nonstick interior prevents food from sticking...
- Hard-anodized aluminum cookware provides durability, even heating, and...
- Stainless steel long handles stay cool on the stovetop
Last update on 2021-10-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Restore Calphalon Pots and Pans?
As mentioned, your Calphalon pots and pans can get damaged in different ways. So, you need to apply other solutions to restore them.
Here we've discussed some easy-to-follow home remedies to restore your Calphalon Cookware.
How to Restore Burnt Calphalon Cookware?
The Calphalon cookware mostly gets burned when you cook in high heat on the gas range. There are ways to restore the burnt pots and pans. You'll only need some ingredients from your kitchen to try these methods. However, you may also check our reviews of Cookware For Gas Stoves.
Use Mild Dishwashing Liquid to Clean Burnt Calphalon Pans
If your Calphalon pots and pans are slightly burned, you should try mild dishwashing liquid at first. It applies to situations when the cookware is not damaged completely. However, it is more like regular washing.
Whenever the accidental burning incident takes place, soak the cookware instantly. Soak it into the water and liquid soap solution.
Then Follow the Instructions Below:
- Add a few more drops of dishwashing liquid in the most affected areas.
- Place the cookware on the stovetop with the water and liquid soap into it.
- Turn on the stove on medium-low heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, turn off the stove and keep it aside for half an hour.
- Start scrubbing gently with a scrubbing pad once the cookware is cool.
- Scrub it until the crusted layer breaks off.
- Finally, rinse the cookware and let it dry.
Use White Vinegar Solution to Clean Burnt Non-Stick Cookware
White vinegar works mostly on the burnt stainless-steel cookware. The acidic properties of vinegar will react with the burned layer and force it to come off. In case of mild damages, you may soak the scorched cookware in white vinegar.
Then rinse it to store its shine. You can also use apple cider or lemon juice instead of white vinegar.
Here is how to restore with white vinegar:
- Mix an equal volume of white vinegar with distilled water into a bowl.
- Then pour the mixture into the burned cookware and let it soak for 10-15 minutes. By now, the residue will come off.
- Now dump the vinegar solution into the sink.
- Scrub the burnt cookware with a non-abrasive sponge.
- After scrubbing most of the burned layer, use dishwashing liquid.
- Make sure the entire crusty layer is gone.
Use Baking Soda
The mild alkaline of the baking soda reacts with the blackened surface. It has the power to break away the charcoal layer. However, it takes a little extra time to work, but the result is impressive. Here is a step-by-step guide on restoring Calphalon Cookware with baking soda.
- Make a solution of baking soda with warm water. Pour the solution into the burnt cookware.
- Let it soak for at least 2 hours.
- After the interval, start scrubbing with a soft sponge. Make sure it doesn't cause scratches.
- Now drain the dirty solution into the sink.
- Again, refill the cookware with a baking soda solution. Follow the above steps until you are satisfied with the result.
- Finally, clean the remaining residue and scrub it with liquid soap.
- Rinse the cookware and then dry it with a washcloth.
- If you are looking for a Knife Sharpener For Hunting Knives, check the analyses.
How to Deal with Calphalon Pans Scratches?
There are some dedicated cleaners in the market that remove scratches. With those special cleansers and a heavy-duty scrub, you can remove scratches from nonstick Calphalon cookware.
Follow The Steps Below To Deal With Scratches:
- Take special stainless steel or nonstick cleanser into the non-abrasive scrub.
- Gently scrub the scratched area of the cookware in a slow circular motion.
- Scrub until the silver scratch lines start to disappear.
- Once the scratch lines disappear, rinse the cookware to wash off the cleansing agent.
- Rinse it until there are no scratches left and dry it with a washcloth.
How to Resurface Calphalon Nonstick Pots and Pans?
Over time, the nonstick surface of the Calphalon cookware starts to decline. It gradually gets mixed into the food when you cook. Thus, resurface the damaged surface whenever it starts to peel off.
Follow The Steps Below:
- Fill the cookware with warm water and add a shot of liquid dishwashing soap.
- Gently scrub the pan with a sponge. Then rinse the pan with cool water.
- Dry the pan with a washcloth.
- Now spray the cookware with a nonstick surface repair spray. Make an even layer of mist on the entire surface. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 550o and place the cookware into the preheated oven.
- According to the repair spray instructions, keep the cookware in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Now take off the pan from the oven and let it cool. Again, wash the cookware. You may add another layer of spray if needed.
From now on, you don't have to be depressed about your Calphalon pans get damaged. So, a mishap during cooking is not something to worry about. You can quickly restore your Calphalon pots in the discussed ways. We hope these methods will help you get the shine back of your Calphalon pots and pans.
Table of Contents
- What Type of Damages Can Happen on Calphalon Cookware?
- How to Restore Calphalon Pots and Pans?
- How to Restore Burnt Calphalon Cookware?
- How to Deal with Calphalon Pans Scratches?
- How to Resurface Calphalon Nonstick Pots and Pans?